Vision Basketball Parent/Guardian’s Code of Conduct:
I recognize that by allowing my child to play with Vision Basketball, I must be actively involved and committed in the following ways:
1. I will ensure my player is passing in their studies and maintaining a grade point average equivalent to not less than 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. If my child does not maintain a satisfactory level, I will notify the coach and/or the Vision Board.
2. I will encourage my player to abide by the team rules and program guidelines. (See the Vision Player’s Code of Conduct which follows.)
3. I will be a good example to my player and remain under control before, during, and after all games and practices. I will not yell at or criticize game officials, my child, other Vision players, Vision coaches, or anyone from the opposing team’s side. I will make only supportive sideline comments. I will allow the coaches to coach the team.
4. I will show appreciation for good plays, whether made by Vision players or opposing players.
5. I will remember that the game is for the players and no one else, and I will do all I can to support and encourage the players.
6. I will take an active interest in the attitude of my player while participating in practices and games. I will help my player learn that attitude is a reflection of character and that good sportsmanship is as important as winning.
7. I will make sure all required forms are completed and that player fees are paid. In order to accomplish the work needed to run the organization, I will join at least one administrative committee and actively participate in carrying out its responsibilities. Coaching, board membership or paying the substitutionary fee also meets this requirement.
8. I understand and will abide by the Vision Basketball Appeal Process.
a. If I have an issue/dispute with an individual related to Vision Basketball, I will contact that person in person or by telephone to seek resolution. I will not address issues via e-mail, as this method of communication can more easily result in misunderstanding.
b. If we are unable to resolve the issue/dispute, I will speak with the individual with a Vision Board Member present for clarification of policy.
c. If we are still not able to resolve the issue/dispute, the Vision Board Member with whom we spoke has sole discretion as to whether or not the matter should be taken to the entire Vision Board for consideration and assistance in resolution and/or reconciliation.
9. I recognize that the Vision basketball is not focused solely on providing recreational opportunities, but is a competitive basketball program and that playing time is at the sole discretion of the coach, based on his/her decisions as to what is in the best interests of the team and its players.
10.All decisions regarding game situations will be made by the coaching staff and are not open for discussion. If you have a concern, please call the coach or Athletic Director and do not disturb a practice or a game. This includes times immediately following or prior to practices or games. Verbal assaults or confrontations with coaches (by parent or child) concerning playing time or game decisions will not be tolerated. Violations of this rule may be cause for disciplinary action, up to and including the immediate dismissal of the family from the Vision program.
11.I understand that if I fail to abide by this Code of Conduct, Vision Basketball has the authority to ask my family to leave the program and that no fees will be refunded.
Vision Basketball Player’s Code of Conduct:
By joining the Vision basketball team, I agree to uphold the following program rules:
1. I will demonstrate the character quality of attentiveness by listening to the instructions of my coaches.
2. I will demonstrate the character quality of diligence by putting forth my best effort to carry out my coaches’ instructions.
3. I will demonstrate the character quality of faithfulness by attending all scheduled practices on time and I will notify a coach or team coordinator ahead of time should any absence or tardiness be necessary.
4. I will demonstrate the character quality of orderliness by submitting to the following dress codes:
a. Vision players will not wear jewelry during practices or games.
b. Vision players will maintain a clean cut appearance during the season.
c. Vision players will dress appropriately for all practices and games. Young men will wear shirts at all times and will keep their shorts pulled up over their rears at all times. Young ladies will not wear tank tops or open midriff shirts. Shorts must be at least mid-thigh in length.
5. I will maintain a positive, teachable attitude no matter how much playing time I receive, whether or not the officiating is fair, and whether my team wins or loses.
6. I will always show respect for my coaches and the Vision coaching staff and I will respect the decisions made by my coaches including those pertaining to game situations and playing time.
7. I will always show respect for other players, including opponents. I will endeavor to be a good example to other players and encourage them, including those that are younger and/or less experienced. I will never mock other players or treat them disparagingly. I understand that:
a. No ridiculing or taunting of players (ours or the opponents) will be tolerated.
b. Violation of this rule should be communicated to the offending athlete and his/her parents.
c. Continuing violation may result in disciplinary action up to and including removal from the team.
8. I will demonstrate the character quality of responsibility by not participating in horseplay before, during or after games or practices and by treating all facilities and equipment with care.
9. I will demonstrate the character quality of self-control by not participating in the use of profane language, alcohol, tobacco, or drugs. I will control my temper and demonstrate patience with others, especially opponents and officials.
10. I will demonstrate the character quality of discipline by following any and all rules established by my team and coaches.
11. I will communicate to the coaching staff regarding any condition of sickness, fatigue or injury that could impair my ability to play in a game or participate fully in practice. This includes any symptoms of excessive fatigue encountered during a practice or game.
12. I understand that in the Vision organization, teamwork and team concepts are emphasized. There is therefore no place for prideful individual “attitudes”, backbiting, gossip, etc. to be on display. Instead, I should pursue speaking and doing those things that will help to edify other players and which will serve to build fellowship in and among the Vision program teams.